Thursday, February 25, 2010

measuring up, evaluting my skill sets one at a time

Housekeeping: how does mine measure up? ...yeah, not so much. I hate it. There, I said it. It became very clear to me when I went to do a few dishes that were in the sink this morning, and couldn't remember if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean or dirty, which means, it has been a day or two since I did dishes {collective gasp here, oh yeah, and Mom, you probably shouldn't read any further.}. I have to tell you also, the fact that I had to stir my coffee with a fork this morning was the main motivating factor. I will defend myself by saying that we ate out last night, and the night before we ate guacamole, & cheese and crackers for dinner, YUMMY! {We'll talk about my cooking skills on a later post....I really can run with the best of them in that dept.....when I CHOOSE to, of course.} Back to housekeeping, I prefer to say that my talents lie in other areas. I have a cleaning girl that I am mostly just paying to lie to me and tell me my house is clean, because she CLEARLY is not getting the job done either, however, any effort she puts forth in that area is still better than mine. She's coming tomorrow and I all I have to do is make sure she has clean rags and I can't even manage to get that done. I forgot to put them in before I left for work. That's OK. She's been trained to look in the dryer for them! How sad is that? Oh, and by the way, it took me so long to determine the status of the dishwasher, I used up my allotted time for cleaning up before I had to leave for work! It takes time to administer the sniff, feel, & hold up to the light test to questionable dishes & glassware. You can't sniff just one! Mustering up the courage alone used up a chunk of time! Happy to be at work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment