Thursday, March 25, 2010

bless me father...

Don't you love the shot of this confessional! I haven't seen one in years and found that it stirred up lots of memories...of growing up, of my Grandmother, and of not liking priests! Ok, let's not go there. I have a confession. Well, it's actually more of an admission but you can't find a picture of an admissional so I used a confessional. Here goes:
I weighed my pajamas. And there you have it, stupidity at it's finest.
Before I went upstairs to get dressed for work this morning, I thought I was feeling a little lighter. So, I went down to the basement to the only scale in the house and jumped on. As it turns out, I wasn't lighter at all...but I did have my pj's on, so that must have been it. They probably weighed at least 2 lbs. right? Well, I went upstairs to get dressed and it just kept bothering me. I was SURE I was a little lighter. I finished dressing and picked my pj's up off the bed to put them away and decided I'm not done with this yet. I'll just throw them on the scale real quick to see. So, I trek back down to the basement, ball up my pj's to make them as dense as possible...that would make them weigh more right?, place them on the scale and wait. We have one of those digital scales, so it has to cycle up. The darn scale wouldn't register a weight. What does THAT mean? I know they weigh SOMETHING. What is this, outerspace? These are my winter pj's, they're heavy! Maybe I need a more sensitive scale. Maybe a postage scale or a food scale. Some little tabletop thing. I do realize that I could weigh myself before I put any clothes on, but then I wouldn't be able to blame my 2lb margin of error on anything.
I'm so not done with this. I know I was lighter.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know how hard it is to drink coffee and laugh hard at the same time?? I can actually picture you doing all this!! You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know the confessional at the Church Brew Works was converted to a liquor cabinet?

    ReplyDelete